Monday, March 1, 2010

MILK! Does your body.... blah

Those of you who know me, know that I am anti-dairy. It's not that I hate it, I just can't have it. Having an allergy to something like dairy is a blessing. Biggest reason, weight loss. When I had to cut dairy out of my diet back in middle school, 1996-1999, I dropped 10-15 pounds in the course of 2 weeks. Furthermore, my skin cleared up significantly and my energy level increased.

I don't want to copy and paste just random excerpts off other sites and take statements "out of context", so I will do what Ed Begley Jr does. GO OUT AND RESEARCH IT FOR YOURSELF!

Look into what I've said and read it for yourself. And then go find the counter arguments and read them. Then make an INFORMED decision on the topic. This is how you make one. Research both sides and see where you stand.

I will point out this, do you see grown cows suckling on the udders of female cows? Do you hear of any other animal out there that continues to ingest dairy of any sort after infancy or toddler age? There has to be a reason for this. The body is not designed to process this stuff into your adult life.

An excerpt for a teaser: "Dairy products—including cheese, ice cream, milk, butter, and yogurt—contribute significant amounts of cholesterol and saturated fat to the diet.12 Diets high in fat and saturated fat can increase the risk of heart disease, among other serious health problems. A low-fat vegetarian diet that eliminates dairy products, in combination with exercise, smoking cessation, and stress management, can not only prevent heart disease, but may also reverse it.13,14 Non-fat dairy products are available; however, they pose other health risks as noted below."

Some resources for your consideration:
1.) http://www.pcrm.org/health/veginfo/dairy.html
2.) http://www.notmilk.com/deb/100498.html
3.) http://www.strongbones.org/

There are more out there, you just need to look for them. Again, read and research both sides of this argument. Getting informed is always a great thing!

Fast Swims!
Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment